- 59 High Quality Lectures
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Certificate of Completion
What students have say about this course:
The course was structured well with no distraction from countless dependency modules. The use of vanilla JavasScript enabled me to focused on key Electron API features. Willie J Bernard
I really enjoyed this course. It is the most in-depth electron course I have seen. It was straight forward, well enunciated and understandable. I especially enjoyed the automatic updating and release manage section. It also was a great introduction to the MAC touchbar. All in all, I will be happy to take other course from him as the needs arise. Donald Bradbury
Presented well, and instructor has been great keeping course up to date as advancements and changes to Electron have evolved. Brent Allen
Electron already boasts some amazingly successful apps such as Slack, Simplenote and even Microsoft’s own Visual Studio Code, so let me help you Master Electron, whether it’s to make your own app idea a reality or to simply add this incredible skill to resume.
Go from Web Developer to Desktop Applications Developer by learning to use the entire Electron API from scratch.
This course is suitable for BOTH complete Electron beginners and existing Electron developers looking to advance to the next level.
- Learn to develop with Electron using the best tools
- Understand the different parts of Electron and how they work together
- Cover the near-entire Electron API, learning one module at a time
- Learn Electron features & techniques for using API modules together
- Put your new knowledge to practical use by building a detailed 8-step Electron project from scratch.
An invaluable skill for any Web Developer to expand their career opportunities.
You will be able to start building real-world desktop applications immediately.
With 45 concise and practical lectures, this course will provide a COMPLETE understanding of Electron and it’s full API.
- Basic command line usage and an understanding of ES2015 (ES6) will be beneficial.
The course starts by setting up the Electron development environment and covers some useful tools to aid in the development process.
The main body of the course then covers the 3 individual sections of the Electron API in great detail, with very practical individual lessons on each API module.
Once the API is covered, the course looks at some useful features and techniques, also demonstrating how Electron integrates with Native HTML5 APIs.
Finally you’ll build a real-world application which covers a large chunk of the Electron API in real-world scenarios. The project lessons is divided into 8 individual videos and will take you step-by-step to a complete, distribution-ready desktop application.
Upon completion of this course you will have the practical skills to immediately start building high quality desktop applications for Mac, Windows & Linux.
This course is to the point and everything is demonstrated in the most simple, yet practical ways, to get you become an advanced Electron Developer.
What are the requirements?
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Be comfortable with very basic usage of the command line (CLI)
- Basic understanding of Node.js
What am I going to get from this course?
- Build native desktop applications using existing knowledge of HTML, CSS & JavaSript
- Understand the near-entire Electron API in detail.
- Expand your existing skills beyond the browser & add an invaluable new skill to your resume.
- Create applications for both Mac, Windows & Linux
- Package Electron applications for distribution.
- Verifiable certificate of completion
Who is the target audience?
- This course is designed for developers with a good understanding of web technologies such as HTML, CSS & JS, looking to start building native Desktop applications using their existing knowledge.
- The course covers almost every aspect of Electron and is very comprehensive.
- No prior experience with Electron is required.